Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WHAT IS A FAMILY?

When we come into this world, ideally, we are in the care of two loving parents, adoring grandparents, caring aunts and uncles.   We feel safe, nurtured and trained to be a healthy, happy human being.  We know each other, we share common goals, and hopes for the future.  We support each other in times of stress or pain.

SO?  You know all this even if your particular family didn't quite measure up to this ideal!  Nothing new, huh?

Well!  Just suppose we really believed everyone on this planet was our family.

We would "know" each other.  I would "know" your story and you would "know" ,my story.  We would know each other's personalities, joys, and sorrows.

How do we "know" each other?  Face to face if possible, talking and laughing and playing together, comforting each other during the tough times.

Since geographically that is not always possible then it only stands to reason that we must find another way to feel like "family".

This blog is what I have discovered about my "family".  In my travels to other countires or other neighborhoods it was face to face.  I heard the stories of some very interesting family members.

In my reading and attending courses and conferences I learned more stories of my human family.

This blog is not about me but about those stories and ideas that helped me get to know my human family.  Some are funny, some are painful but all are real.

They are your family, too!
Want to meet them?
Want to learn what I am learning?
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment