Sunday, September 5, 2010

CHEROKEE TRIBAL GROUND COFFEE

This coffee house became a very important part of my loving experiences in Cherokee.  I spent many an hour sitting on the back porch of the coffeehouse watching the river and sharing stories and thoughts with friends. Watching the ducks, otters and birds dip in to the river was a peaceful time.

I grew to love the co-hosts, Natalie Smith and Leon Grodsky and Natalie's son Galen who would crawl up into my lap and share his latest projects or toys with me.  Natalie was Cherokee, artist and an art education major.  Leon was a muliti-media artist who has had exhibits throughout the world.

Their vision was to focus on Native American renaissance and provide a place for local Cherokee artists to show their work.The presentations made in their art gallery and large lounge area were many and varied.  I learned so much and was inspired by the many artists who came through.  Many of the blogs you read concerning happenings in Cherokee occurred there.

No comments:

Post a Comment