Tuesday, August 31, 2010

LIST OF MY WRITINGS AND COLLECTIONS

Over the years,  I have written different types of compositions. On this blog I hope to share excerpts from each of them.  The dates on each blog simply signifies when the writing took place. Allof them have drawn me to the oneness of the human family.

ANNE'S WRITINGS (1954-2009)

Starting in junior high school I began writing, sometimes a poem, a short story, a one page exploration of a theme of an idea that compelled me to write it.  I gathered these and printed them for my immediate family as a gift in February, 2009, during the Baha'i gift time called Ayyam-i-Ha  When I quote something from this I hope my family will bear with me on rereading sometimes from this collection.

TRINIDAD, WEST INDIES, REMEMBRANCES (1970)

In 1970 my son and I went to the island of Trinidad intending to make our home there.  I had accepted a job but the country had a civil revolution and all work permits for aliens were recalled.  I stayed only several months, until my money ran out.  These time were amazing and life altering toward oneness.

WISDOM OF OTHERS (1980-2010)

A collection of AHA! moments from other writers.

COLORS OF MY WORLD (1996- still in progress)

My autobiography as a southern white woman to find and celebrate the oneness of my human family.

@RACE UNITY.COM, LOVE IN THE STRUGGLE (1996-2002)

I participated in an email forum for about four years which was a free flowing exchange of the exploration of race unity and its inherent issues.  My responses to some of the questions or thoughts of others is compiled here.  I did not quote others because I didn't have their permission.

CHEROKEE DIARY (2004-2007)

Pretty self-explanatory, though it's first entries are my exploration of my Indian ancestory before I moved to the Cherokee Reservation.  I noted many meaningful events and am in the process of  completing this small book.

MY BAHA'I COMPILATIONS AND WRITINGS:

LETTERS TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS ON WHY BAHA'I? (1969-1970)

My first year as  Baha'i I wrote explaining why I had made this life altering decision to be a Baha'i.

ASCENDING ORDER (1998-1999)

A compilation of Baha'i quotes (not my thoughts but my research and organization) giving a planned exploration of the nature of God, His Prophets, Man; the life story of the central figures of the Faith; the institutions, various themes and prayers.  This book has been approved by the Literarure Review Department of the National Spiritual Assembly  of the Baha'is of the United States for publication, though not published yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment