Sunday, May 4, 2014

WISDOM OF SUPPLICATION

excerpt from NEARNESS TO GOD-May 3

"During thy supplications to God, and thy reciting, 'Thy Name is my healing,' consider how thine heart is cheered, thy soul delighted by the spirit of God, and thy mind attracted to the Kingdom of God! By these attractions one's ability and capacity increase. When the vessel is enlarged the water increases, and when the thirst grows the bounty of the cloud becomes agreeable to the taste of man.  This is the mystery of supplication and the wisdom of stating one's wants."

                                                                                          - Abdu'l-Baha


The cloud sometimes hides the sun but it is still always there waiting to nourish and give warmth.


"Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy.  Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion.  Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come.  Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

                                                                                               -Baha'u'llah

No comments:

Post a Comment